Friday, January 15, 2010

can I suck back in a few words?

I thought about deleting the previous post altogether.

But once they're out there, you can't really suck the words back in, now can you?
I suppose you can pretend you never said them, but, well, that's not playing fair now, is it?

I spoke too harshly about Pat Robertson.

While I still maintain that his timing and delivery need some work, for me to make the accusation that he is a "charlatan" (oh wait, I DID delete that one... but at least I left "disingeneous", so um, there you have it)... can't say I don't feel a bit chastised about that one.
I am sorry, Holy Spirit. I think I am altogether like you, but I am not. Forgive me. I have been as judgmental against him as I claimed he was being.

I also neglected to mention all the good things Pat Robertson's organization has done, and continues to do. What have I done to reach out to the world? Not so very much.

I am sorry for being so quick to speak.

No comments: