Monday, April 20, 2009

Whine and Eggs

Ok, so I am putting groceries away the other day, and having a little whining session in my head while doing so... Silently whining to myself, to my God, about this, about that... "why, why, why, me, me, me, bla, bla bla..." funny thing about silent whining, apparently it's just as annoying to His ears as the "out loud" kind... cause the next thing I know, there is this inexplicable chain reaction of groceries falling, and exploding, on my head, on the floor, all over my shirt, my very being... eggs launching out of their carton like hand grenades... creamer cascading on my newly mopped floor... "what's that I hear? Laughter? God, are you laughing at me?"That couldn't possibly be. God would NEVER laugh at such a misfortunate series of events, let alone cause them...

... and yet...

I realized in the midst of the laughter, the absence of another noise. I wasn't whining anymore.

Fast forward to the next morning. I was given a gift on Easter Sunday by a dear lady at my church, a little devotional by Oswald Chambers. Here is what I read:

April 14th
"Take my YOKE (my edit) upon you and learn from Me."
Matthew 11:29
The burden that God places on us squeezes the grapes in our lives and produces the wine, but most of us see only the wine and not the burden. No power on earth or in hell can conquer the Spirit of God living within the human spirit; it creates an inner invincibility.If your life is producing only WHINE (my edit) instead of the wine, ruthlessly kick it out. It is definitely a crime for a Christian to be weak in God's strength."

Yoke... Whine... You're funny, God.

No comments: